We have four tickets to give away to a family or group to see the European premiere of the award-winning drama, The Wider Earth, in a new theatre in the Jerwood Gallery at the Natural History Museum.
The play, about the story of a young Charles Darwin, will then run for a limited season starting on 13th October and running through til 30th Decemeber. Join the 22-year-old Darwin on HMS Beagle's daring voyage to the far side of the world, and discover the gripping story behind one of the most important discoveries in history.
Featuring a cast of seven, and 30 hand-made puppets representing the exotic wildlife Darwin encountered, The Wider Earth is an ingenious coming-of-age story which celebrates the incredible complexity of our planet and Darwin’s adventurous spirit as he faced perilous environments and unknown dangers on his bold voyage.
The production explores the little-known story of the young Charles Darwin when, aged only 22, he set out on his daring five-year voyage on the HMS Beagle. When he departed, he could not have known that that this trip would help him reach controversial conclusions about natural selection and lead to his theory of evolution. The Wider Earth follows Darwin's expedition as uncharted landscapes unfold in a series of dazzling animations and original illustrations from the voyage
This will be the first time a performance-based theatre has been constructed in the Museum.
For more details about The Wider Earth or to book tickets, click here.
For a chance to win tickets to see The Wider Earth at the Natural History Museum, simply sign up below and if you are the lucky winner we will notify you via the e-mail address supplied shortly after the competition end date (1st October 2018).
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK.
- Entry to this competition can be made between 13th September and 1st October 2018 by signing up below.
- Entry shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- One entry per person.
- On or about 2nd October 2018 Discover South Kensington will pick one entry deemed as The Winner.
- The prize is four tickets up to the value of £49.50 to see The Wider Earth at the Natural History Museum.
- Valid any day, subject to availability. The Wider Earth is on until 30th December 2018 but the prize must be claimed and booked for before 16th December 2018.
- The main prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative.
- The Winners will be notified by Discover South Kensington via email. If Discover South Kensington have not been able to communicate with the Winner after two days from the announcement, Discover South Kensington shall award the prize to an alternative winner.
- By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Discover South Kensington including news, events, offers and competitions, unless you specifically opt out. If you opt out of further communications, you will still be entered into the competition.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties.